I know you've got questions. Here are answers to some of the most asked. If your question isn't listed, or you need more information, please don't hesitate to contact us! We want you to be comfortable so you can enjoy your experience as you journey to your NEW YOU!
** Pilates in general is mainly no or low impact (unless otherwise specified), but please always consult your doctor before starting any physical workout routine. **
I've signed up! Now what?
- Yay!! You've taken the first step to your new YOU! For the best booking experience, please download the my PilatesSTRONG app. You can find the links here. Sign in with the login info you created when you got your plan then click on Classes at the bottom. and get booking!
Where can I see class schedules?
- For the best booking experience, please download the my PilatesSTRONG app. You can find the links here. Sign in with the login info you created when you got your plan then click on Classes at the bottom and get booking!
Is there anything I need to bring?
- YES! Grip socks are REQUIRED. Please also see Covid-19 policies below for more information on face masks. Bottled water and hand towels are handy too! Dress in comfortable clothing. Yoga wear is a favourite for most. Also, you will be moving back and forth on the Reformers so don't wear anything too loose or with long strands so they don't get caught on anything. Wearing your long hair up in a high pony or bun is highly advised.
I am unable to attend any of the offered Introductory Classes. Is there another option?
- YES! If your schedule does not give you the opportunity to try a complimentary class, you can purchase a Single Class Pass. If after completing your class, you decide a Membership Plan is right for you, we will credit the cost of the Single Class Pass towards your first month's Membership Plan! Yay!!
Now that I've done an Introductory Class, what class should I progress to?
- A good starting point is to listen to your body. Our classes are categorised as Introductory (Beginner Level), Classic Traditional (Beginner/Intermediate Level, Classic-Traditional (All Levels), Body-Specific (Intermediate Level) and Power (Advanced Level). There is no limit to how many Introductory Classes you take. It's where you feel comfortable. Classic Traditional classes will give you the foundations of what Pilates is all about. It is a good next step to build your confidence on the Reformers and better understand how your body functions as it goes through the various movements of elongating, strengthening, coordinating and balancing. From there, the studio is your oyster!
I am a Snap 4 or Achieve 8 Member. I've used all of my month's classes. Can I add more classes?
- Absolutely YES! Our Memberships are flexible so you can tailor your Plan to suit your goals. As a Member, you can add as many additional classes as you need without having to upgrade to the next level Plan. Additional Classes are offered at the special Member rate of $15 per class. Purchase them directly from Menu/Plans in your my PilatesSTRONG app whenever you want to up your game so you can get booking!
The class I want to reserve is Waitlisted. What does that mean?
- You can be added to a Waitlist for the class by clicking on Join Waitlist and choosing a notification period of upto 24hrs. If a class reservation opens up within your timeframe, you will be added to the class and notified. Please note, classes booked using the Waitlist option and cancelled, not attended or do not Check-In, will be flagged as Late Cancel or No Show and forfeited or charged a Cancel Fee as per our 24hr policy.
I booked a class but I need to cancel. Is there a cancellation fee?
- All classes have limited capacity and we want to be able to offer any open Reformers to those Members who may not have had a chance to book before a class was filled. So we have some guidelines for class cancellations...
All group classes can be cancelled upto to 12 hours before the class start time. If you cancel after this period (Late Cancel), or if you do not attend your reserved class (No Show), you will forfeit your membership booking for that class. For example, if your membership includes eight (8) classes per month and you make a reservation but cancel it after the 12 hour window, or do not show up to your class, the remaining classes for your month will be reduced to seven (7).
All unlimited memberships will be charged a $12 class cancellation fee for each class that is booked and not attended OR not cancelled 12 hours prior to the class start time.
PLEASE NOTE: Attending a class but not confirming Check-In will flag your reservation as "No Show"
I will be traveling or won't be able to use my membership for a little while. I don't want to lose my Member rate. Can I temporarily HOLD or PAUSE my membership?
- Yes! Sometimes things just come up but it's only temporary. During your Membership year, you can Hold or Pause your membership plan upto three (3) consecutive months with a monthly fee of $15. This will place a lock on your current Member Plan rate as well so when you're ready to come back, you can simply pick up wherever you left off!
What are your COVID-19 policies?
- As of 1 March 2022: "San Diego County follows California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Guidance and strongly recommends everyone wear a face covering in indoor public settings, whether you have been vaccinated or not."
Until the City/State mandates are lifted completely, my PilatesSTRONG would rather err on the side of caution and safety so we will continue to highly suggest a mask upon entering the studio. Think of it like a restaurant... Once you are at your Reformer, you may remove your mask but please keep it on at all other times until you leave the studio. We will also keep our back door open for ventilation and front door as well if sound permits.
- In addition, please remember that ANY and ALL equipment aka EVERYTING YOU'VE TOUCHED during your class is wiped down with the anti-bacterial wipes provided prior to leaving the studio. These include, but are not limited to, reformer bed, shoulder pads, headrest, straps, handles, foot bar & foot bar handles, springs, mats, balls, rings, bars, foam rollers, jump boards, Add-A-Platform, hand weights, ankle/wrist weights.
What is the Founding Members Unlimited plan?
- As a special THANK YOU! to our first fifty (50) members, we are offering a Founding Members Unlimited plan. This plan is unlimited so it's your choice of any instructor-led group Pilates classes throughout your membership month. Woo Hoo!
You have to be quick because there are only fifty (50) Founding Members Unlimited plans available and they are first-come, first-served. Yay!
Can people younger than 18 years old participate in classes at the studio?
- Yes! We do have a minimum age of 16 and all minors younger than 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian while participating in our classes.
Is there a childcare service?
- No, we do not offer childcare but it's not off the plate yet! ;)
What if I need to cancel my membership?
- We understand. Things and life happen. Our plans are not contracts. They are monthly memberships. Unless otherwise noted, ie, special promotions, if you ever need to cancel (we hope never!), simply provide us with 30-days written notice.